Tips for writing A Canadian Curriculum vitae (CV)
In this article, you will learn some great tips for writing A Canadian Curriculum vitae (CV).
When you want to apply for a job or to study in Canada, you should have a good Curriculum vitae (CV).
Thousands of people who are newcomers to Canada, ask questions about writing A Canadian CV for either working or studing in Canada. The following information will help you to know more tips for writing a Canadian (CV)
- Which CV format used in Canada?
- How do you write 2022 on Canadian resume?
- Does Canada prefer CV or resume?
- What are the tips for good CV curriculum vitae?
- How many pages should a CV be?
- What is the best CV format?
As a newcomer, finding a job in Canada is usually a top priority.
Before we start, let’s know the answer on the folowing question: What is the difference between resume and curriculum vitae?
The CV presents a full history of your academic credentials, so the length of the document is variable.
In contrast, a resume presents a concise picture of your skills and qualifications for a specific position, so length tends to be shorter and dictated by years of experience (generally 1-2 pages)
A curriculum vitae is used primarily when applying for academic, education, scientific, medical, or research positions.
Some Tips for writing A Canadian Curriculum vitae (CV):
-Your resume will get noticed more by Canadian recruiters if you have a Canadian-style resume.
- Your name and contact information. You should put them at the top middle, left or right corner of the first page.
- Your name at the top of page 2 as well (in case they get separated).
- Relevant experience only -for example( volunteer experience) .
- Examples of accomplishments and results. Use numbers to quantify, if possible.
- Remember to use your cover letter to showcase how your experience matches the job role requirement.
Do Not Include
- Personal information ( age, marital status, gender, religion, social insurance number (SIN), political affiliation or immigration status.
- A photo, unless you are applying for a job as a model or actor.
- References, hobbies or salary expectations unless the job posting asks you to do so. If you are asked for references, you have to include them on a separate sheet of paper. If asked for salary expectations, include them in your cover letter.
- Work experience that is more than 10 years old.
- Specific dates (for example: Sept 30, 2002-Feb 4, 2008). Years are enough (2002-2008).
WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT Tips for writing A Canadian Curriculum vitae (CV)
READ MORE: IEC 2023