Buying a house in Canada
Buying a house in Canada means feeling safe, stable and comfortable. That’s why most of the renters are trying to own their own houses. But, we know that buying a house is a big deal and it’s an important decision. Therefore, the buyer must have enough information and the right estate agent that will facilitate the process.
How to buy a house in Canada
While buying a house in Canada, there are some important steps you have to follow, so we mention:
- Check your credit score.
- know your budget.
- Find a good real estate agent.
- Get pre-approval.
- Start looking for the suitable house.
- Make an offer to buy the house and don’t overprice just because you like the house.
- schedule a time to see the house.
- Find your finance.
Can you build your own house
Yes, of course, anyone can buy a piece of land and start preparing the foundations and then hire an engineer to plan the land according to the building requirements of the Canadian government.
However, the process of buying a land and building a house on it will cost additional effort and time. That’s why most of the people tend to buy ready-made houses.
But if you insist on this option, there are several price ranges for you to build a house in Canada. The costs of each house differ from the other according to the type of materials used, the location of the land, and other factors…
The Canadian government always promises people to lower home prices by raising the buyer’s tax, and each province in Canada has its own ranking in terms of the real estate market.
Legal stages of buying a house in Canada
- The estate agent helps to prepare your application and submits the purchase order for the property with 10% of the property price to the seller.
- After the seller and buyer agree on the price of the property, a copy of the agreement is sent to the agent to study the terms and determine the date of signing the contract.
- The agent do some investigations about the seller to ensure that his criminal record and the property are free of any problems.
- The agent prepares a document that includes the contract and the amount to be paid by the buyer.
- There is an opportunity to visit the property until signing the contract.
Some tips for you to buy a house in Canada
Finally, there are some tips that should be known when buying a house in Canada:
- To buy a house in Canada you must know particularly what you are looking for, and what suits you and your family. Such as the number of rooms, the area, and being close to schools and bus stops.
- Every person needs a monthly budget for housing, whether it is to pay the rent or the value of the house loan. So, it is very important for you to know this amount. It actually determines the price of the house that you can buy.
- You must get initial approval from the bank or the estate agent if you want to buy a house.
- You have to confirm the accounts and the additional amounts. So, upon completion of the price negotiation process, you will be required to place a deposit within 24 hours of approval.
- You should understand the tax system in Canada before you buy the property in order to avoid any potential losses.
- Don’t immediately agree to the seller price. Offer your price, and it may save you some extra money. it’s worth a try.
- Ensure that the house you have purchased has all the agreed specifications, and that the seller has completed all the formalities.
- Find the property in the real estate records. Then, see if the property has a mortgage, accrued profit or any unpaid taxes.
Read also: Who is Queen Elizabeth II
In conclusion, owning a house gives you the independence, increases your confidence, and gives a positive feeling to you and your family.